Wednesday, July 17, 2019

TESL 0170: Teaching Reflection: Lesson 3

I delivered the third lesson on 12 July, again for 3 hours. I started the lesson by checking the homework. All of the students except 2 had done their homework so I gave their names to the class teacher and discussed the answers for the homework. Today, I also made sure to give some time to students to see if they have any questions in regards to the homework. Then, I started with the grammar part which is subjunctives. I had some practice exercise prepared on subjunctives so they practiced that. Then we started with the reading skill: highlighting and annotating and students practiced that in groups. During the break time, practicum supervisor came and we started with the reading. Students did the reading in pairs and at the end, we had a fun group activity on subjunctives. I gave 9 slips to every group and career names were written on the slips. I told the students that they need to pretend to be working in the school's career center and it is their job to give suggestions to the students who want to pursue those specific careers. every student will pick one slip and the next student in the group will have to make a suggestion. Students really enjoyed this activity. Practicum supervisor also talked to me after the class and I received very positive feedback. She mentioned that she wanted to see if I have implemented the suggestions that she made last time and said that I did that very well. She also praised that I speak clearly and at right volume and speed. I was very happy with the feedback and the response I got from the students.

One thing I would do next time would be to add more profession names to the career counseling activity for it to run a bit longer so that students can have a good practice on subjunctives.

Here is the Link to Lesson Plan 3:
Lesson Plan 3

No comments:

Post a Comment